Foamex 10" Premium Eco-Friendly Memory Foam Mattress With Bamboo Cover

I ordered the bamboo cover Foamex 10″ memory foam mattress as my husband was driving the last nail into our newly finished home. My husband builds eco-friendly post and beam homes, and we wanted our furniture (yes, even our mattress) to reflect our love of nature. We are frugal by nature, and we really could not beat the price of this mattress. Moreover, with four young daughters, we knew we would need every bit of restful sleep we could get. After many months of sleeping on this queen mattress, I can honestly state that it more than delivers, and I am sleeping soundly!

Organic Latex Mattress

The Foamex 10" mattress is a good buy for the money conscious buyer, and it is made in the United States! Memory foam mattresses come in many different thicknesses and densities. By a general rule-of-thumb, one should never buy a foam mattress with less than 3 pounds of density. Memory foam means that: the foam will contour to your body. Anything less than 3 pounds of density could cause uncomfortable sleep periods. The Foamex 10" mattress offers a 4 pound density memory foam comfort layer to offer superior support to the body's major pressure points. Research has shown that a higher density of foam offers cause people to sweat at night. The 4 pounds of density offered by the Foamex is ideal.

Organic Latex Mattress

An 8-10" mattress thickness is considered standard in the memory foam mattress industry. The Foamex mattress with bamboo cover offers a 10" thickness. I think this is more than adequate. My past mattress (not a Foamex) was 14". I found it difficult to fit standard sheets on it. I have no problems fitting a sheet on this mattress. Stick with 10-12" if possible.

Because Foamex uses natural plant-based ingredients in place of petroleum products, there will be a less noticeable smell with this mattress. Indeed, I noticed that the smell was much less potent. My last foam mattresses smelled like chemicals for months!

The bottom line: The Foamex mattress delivers in quality, and is eco-friendly. I love the way this mattress supports my body. Furthermore, when my husband rolls over at night, I can't feel a thing. Perhaps my favorite aspect of this mattress is the bamboo lining that wicks moisture away from my body at night. Some memory foam mattresses are hot. This one is not. Another plus- my husband who has fought chronic back pain for years is sleeping without pain medication. This mattress has been a life saver for my husband and me. At the time of this review, I can not find one bad aspect of this mattress. However, some people state that this mattress is warmer than a traditional mattress, but I find it is cooler than my previous memory foam mattress.

Memory foam mattresses have come a long way since their inception years ago. My queen size mattress arrived at my doorstep wrapped in plastic. I unwrapped it, and I watched expand. In less than 24 hours, I was ready to experience the best nights sleep that I have had in a long time.

Apparently, others feel the same.

Foamex 10" Premium Eco-Friendly Memory Foam Mattress With Bamboo Cover
Organic Latex Mattress

Bendable Tripods Kids Bed Safety Rail Sony Lens Caps